I Love Music So Much
Music is such a big part of me. Like, a super big part of me. Music makes up most of my day, most of my mind, most of my heart, and it builds who I am as a whole. It's also how I get to know other people, and I have a lot of trouble socializing with other people if there isn't music involved. I just feel like it's such a creative art form, that has so much more depth than people give it credit for. If you asked me who my favourite artists were, I'd probably panic and mention the first ones to thought (like Cavetown and Arctic Monkeys), but those are honestly more comfort artists than artists I listen to on a day-to-day basis. I listen to Yousei Teikoku and Mitski for the most part, some Babymetal between that all. I listen to a good amount of Japanese music, but I think part of that is because I don't know a single word they are saying so my brain gets to relax and just feel what the song was meant to convey. Obviousy I can tell what they mean to say, or understand repeated phrases when repeated enough, but I don't think I'll ever get to the point of being able to translate everything. I listen to most things in Japanese because I hate having to understand what people are saying to go through life. Music, or most other art forms for that matter, are just one of those things you are able to feel no matter the language. It's why art is such a big part of my life, whether I listen or not.
I've been trying to think about a list for my favourite artists so I don't get stuck, but that is kind of difficult when my music taste is contantly depending on how I feel that day or how good my memory is. I think I'd have to make lists depending on my mood. I even have multiple Spotify and Audiomack accounts, so that my music won't mix into other moods or feelings that i am having. I also classify my emotions in differently ways as well. Like how "mad", "frustrated", and "irritated" aren't the same thing to me. I could be frustrated and lsiten to the most depressing sad-girl music ever (Mitski lol). It's just easier if I give people a playlist at that point.
I would type more, I'm tired.
Comments
Post a Comment